G-ANMV (T7404) was built by Morris Motors at Cowley in 1940
as construction number 83745, handed over to no.15 Maintenance
Unit (MU) at Wroughton on 12th October 1940 and put straight
On 14th. August 1941 she was sent to No.26 Elementary
Flying Training School (EFTS) at Kidlington, then on to
no.10 Flying Instructors School and later to no.8 EFTS at
Woodley. The aircraft stayed at Woodley until December 1948
when it went to Barton near Manchester.
T7404's last RAF Unit was no.22 Reserve Flying School at
Taversham from 19th. June 1951 until 16th. December 1952
and after six month's storage at no.20 MU it was sold to
Mr A J Whitmore, an aircraft dealer, and registered as G-ANMV
on 22nd. January 1954.
A year later the aircraft was exported to France as F-BHAZ
and for several years was operated by the Aero Club de Royan.
The aircraft returned to the UK in 1969 and was used by
Norwich and Norfolk Flying Club and the Compton Abbas Flying
Club, until purchased by Tigerfly in 1986.
Since beginning her current role of commercial
trainer for Tigerfly, who own and operate her, she has flown
over 5000 people and given them the special feeling of flying
in one of Britain and the world's greatest aeroplanes.